At Bushey Grove Leisure Centre, we have lots of different children’s activities for children of all ages, to keep them entertained and safe whilst you are using the facilities, or to burn off some energy before you take them home.
We have a range of afterschool and holiday activities available for children to keep them healthy happy and entertained.
Drop in sessions
Every Friday 10.30 – 11.30am term time. For walking to 5-year-olds, join us for a fun-filled hour of soft play, bouncy castle time, hoops, balls and songs. No advance booking needed.
Inflatable fun sessions
Every Sunday in the main pool from 14.00 – 15.45pm and during the holidays every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 10.30am – 12.00pm.
Our Ofsted registered Crèche provides a fun, safe and social environment for your child to enjoy on your visits to Bushey Grove. Take some time out for yourself, go for a swim, try out a new class or just enjoy a coffee, in the safe knowledge that your child is just a few rooms away in the care of our qualified and friendly staff.
We are able to look after children aged from 3 months right the way up until their 5th birthday. Our Crèche is purpose built with your child’s safety and enjoyment in mind.
We are happy to announce that the Creche will be open from the 7th September! Our opening hours remain the same Monday – Friday 9.30am – 12.30pm.
Creche safety measures in place
- Parents are not to enter the creche, only 1 parent to drop off, children to be dropped off at the door unless they need settling in or are new to the creche.
- Social distancing markings will be in place outside the creche.
- Each child to bring their own labelled water bottle and snacks if required.
- Hand washing facilities are available as well as hand sanitiser, staff and children will be required to wash their hands on entry to the creche, before and after eating.
- No toys and blankets to be brought in from home.
- Toys will be rotated and sterilised after each 1 hour session.
- The creche will be cleaned every day after each morning session.
- Please follow the government guidelines and do not attend the creche if the child or household are showing any coronavirus symptoms.
For more details on our Crèche please call us on 01923 470140.
|1 Hour||1.5 Hour||2 Hours||3 Hours|
No food is allowed into the Crèche, please do not pack any snacks with your child’s belongings.
We also host a variety of fun and exciting holiday activities to keep children entertained during the school holidays, from team games, sports and fun splash sessions to craft workshops.
Our Holiday Clubs are Ofsted registered with dedicated staff to support and encourage our 5 – 7 year olds, and to entertain and motivate our 8 – 14 year olds. Our safe and exciting programmes offer something NEW for everyone!
- Full day and half day sessions are available plus member discounts
- Holiday Club
- Crash Courses
Join us for our holiday club in the school holidays, activities will include:
- Outdoor Sports
- Craft Activities
- Swimming for the over 8 year olds
- Tennis and Football sessions
- Bouncy castle free play
- Sports Day Games
- Plus lots more….
Looking for somewhere to host your child’s birthday party? Then look no further. Children’s Parties at Bushey Grove are fun, exciting and hassle free! We offer a range of party options for you from Sports parties and Bouncy castle parties to Inflatable Pool Parties all of which can be booked with food served by the Café and includes a party host, so you can relax, watch your children have fun and take lots of memorable pictures.
There are lots of options available and we can tailor a party package just for you.
Our party packages include:
- Invitations for all
- Thank you letters to download at your leisure and print as many as you like
- Party food
- Trained staff on hand to entertain the children ensuring maximum enjoyment and fun leaving you to relax and enjoy!
Parties can be booked with food served by the Café and includes a party host, so you can relax, watch your children have fun and take lots of memorable pictures. You can order your food using this link Party Menu
For a full range of parties available download our brochure here
Contact us today on 01923 470140 to find out more.
We run two courses for walking to 3-year-olds from £36.30 per term. Our fizzifun courses help develop balance, coordination and concentration through play. Giving a great introduction to basic gymnastics. Our fizzifun course participants will get the first refusal into gym tots which is the next stage up for 3 – 5 year olds. Mondays, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 9.30 – 10.15am for walking to 2 years and 10.30 – 11.15am for 2-3-year-olds.
Gymtots is for children ages 3 – 5 years and provides an opportunity for them to begin to learn gymnastic floor moves as well as learning and enjoying the gymnastic apparatus (bars, beam, vault and trampette). Once your child is at full-time school you will get a priority space on our gymnastics course. Tuesday: 12.30 – 1.15pm, 1.15 – 2.00pm and 2.00 – 2.45pm. Wednesday: 3.30 – 4.15pm and Thursday: 12.30 – 1.15pm, 1.15 – 2.00pm and 2.00 – 2.45pm.
Our popular gymnastics courses cater for boys and girls aged 5 years upwards. We have a range of classes from beginners up to our Elite Squad. The children will work on the floor, asymmetric bars, beams, vault and trampette. Wednesday: 4.15-5.00pm mixed beginners, 5.00 – 5.45pm mixed Int, 5.45 – 7.15pm girls advanced. Thursday: 16.00 – 16.45pm girls beginners, 4.45 – 5.30pm Girls Inter, 5.30 – 6.15pm boys beginners, 6.15 – 7.45pm seniors. Saturday: 9.00 – 9.45am girls beginners, 9.45-10.30am girls inter, 10.30 – 11.15am girls advanced, 11.45 – 1.15pm Elite and 1.15 – 2.45 Junior Elite.
Get your child started today, spaces are available on our Beginners Gymnastics Classes on Wednesday at 4.15pm, Thursday’s at 5.30pm (boys only) and Saturday at 9.00am. * for ages 5 years upwards.
Tennis is a great sport for all ages and stages. This course is great if you want to improve your technique, keep active and meet new people. Our coaches are LTA qualified, we also provide group and private lessons.
Our new Tennis sessions will run from Monday 7th September – Monday 12th October.
|Monday||4.30 – 5.15pm||4-8 (Beginner Red 1)|
|Monday||5.15 – 6.00pm||4-8 (Improver Red 3)*|
|Monday||6.00 – 7.00pm||9-12 (Beginner Yellow 1)|
|Monday||7.00 – 8.00pm||17 years+ (Adult Improver)|
|Monday||8.00 – 9.00pm||17 years+ (Adult Beginner)|
|Tuesday||7.00 – 8.00pm||Adult Beginner – Ladies only|
|Sunday||9.00 – 10.00am||13-17 (Improver Yellow 2)|
|Sunday||10.00 – 10.45am||4-8 (Beginner Red 1)*|
|Sunday||10.45 – 11.30am||4-8 (Improver Red 1)*|
*These sessions are indoors.
We are following the LTA’s practical guidelines for coaches in accordance with the social distancing requirements.
Please note that;
- Players need to use hand sanitiser before and after lessons or wear gloves. (wearing a mask is optional).
- Keep two meters distance throughout the lesson
- No parents allowed on the court
- If you feel unwell, please do not attend your session.
For more information on all our Tennis classes, please contact Farid on 07930 923387.
Our brand new Prama Studio is now open allowing kids aged between 5 & 15 and their families to train together. Prama is a unique programme combining music, lights and timing disguising fitness as fun!
- Circuit workouts where families can workout together
- An appealing interactive environment
- Combines the best of gamification and movement
- Gets kids to keep healthy and exercise
- Improve skills and unique cardiovascular capacity
- Improves cognitive function
- Develop skills and improve fitness levels for the whole family.
- Enhances family quality time
The Prama studio was funded by the Hertsmere Borough Council Community Infrastructure Fund.