We host a 25 metre swimming pool and a 16.66m x 7.5m teaching pool, perfect for our swimming lessons.
Come in for an early morning lane swim, work out in the water with our aqua classes, bring the family down for our family fun session or hold your child’s next birthday party with us, we have plenty to make a splash about.
Remember to bring a £50p for lockers (refundable).
Wetside Changing Development
As part of the centre development project work will commence on the wetside changing facilities from Monday 18th March. There are three phases to this work, for further detail please review the development plan.
View our live timetable to see what’s happening in the pool right now.
Our swimming lesson follow the leading Swim England Learn to Swim Programme, the leading national teaching syllabus, helping children and adults to learn how to swim in a safe, effective and enjoyable environment.
Swimming lessons are available for all ages: babies (over four months), children, teenagers and adults. If you are entering the syllabus for the first time there will be a FREE assessment with a level 2 qualified instructor to ensure you or your children is in the correct lesson based on existing skills.
FREE 10 minute assessments take place:
- Tuesdays 3.30pm – 4.00pm
- Saturdays 2.00pm – 2.30pm
To book your assessment please contact reception on 01923 470140.
May half term crash course
Join us for a swimming crash course this May half term lessons taking place daily from Monday 27th May – Friday 31st May
- Stage 1 – 2.45pm – 3.15pm
- Stage 2 – 2.45pm – 3.15pm
- Stage 3 – 3.15pm – 3.45pm
- Stage 4 – 3.15pm – 3.45pm
Courses are a cost of £36.50 for non-members and £30.00 for members.
There are four specialised stages in the Swim England Learn to Swim Programme:
This is an ideal introduction to water through fun and games for children from 4 months old. Made up of two stages, Adult and Baby and Duckling Awards for toddlers.
Adult & Baby sessions allow you to be in the pool with your child, whilst being guided by the instructors. In the Duckling Awards, your children progress to swimming without you in the water, but guided by our qualified teachers.
From these sessions, children will gain water confidence and foundations as they start their swim journey.
Adult and Baby lessons:
- Under 12 months – Wednesday & Thursday mornings
- 13 months – 24 months – Monday, Thursday & Saturday mornings
- 25 months – 36 months – Wednesday & Thursday mornings
- Ducklings 3 – Monday & Tuesday afternoons, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday mornings
- Ducklings 4 – Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday afternoons, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday mornings
- Ducklings 5 – Monday, Wednesday & Friday afternoons
Learn to Swim Framework
Suitable for children aged between 4 and 11 years, the seven stages will teach children the fundamentals of swimming and help them to develop into confident and competent swimmers through fun and enjoyment.
Lessons take place throughout the week, Monday – Friday between 4pm – 6.30pm and Saturday and Sundays mornings from 8.00am:
- Stage 1
- Stage 2
- Stage 3
- Stage 4
- Stage 5
- Stage 6
- Stage 7
For further information on the seven stages click here
Aquatics Skills Framework
For children who have completed the Learn to Swim Framework this stage helps them to develop existing skills further including synchro, water polo, diving and swimming.
Lessons take place:
- Stage 8 – Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday afternoons and Sunday mornings
- Stage 9 – Monday, Wednesday, Friday afternoons and Sunday mornings
- Stage 10 – Monday and Friday afternoons
Adult Swimming Framework
For older teens and adults that are looking to start swimming these sessions cater for a range of abilities, from non swimmers and nervous swimmers to those that want to build water confidence. These sessions help develop swimming skills and technique.
We run the following lessons for adults:
- Adult beginners – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday evenings and Thursday mornings
- Adult stroke development – Monday and Wednesday evenings
- Adults lengths – Thursday evenings
For further information on Swim England Learn to Swim Programme visit their website
Swimming lessons run for 50 weeks of the year and you can join at any time. Once enrolled you can follow your child’s progress online with our home portal, where you will be able to track their progress through the stages and see the awards they achieve. Log onto our home portal here
Swimming lessons are available in blocks of ten lessons, starting from as little as £62.50 or by direct debit at a monthly cost of £25.00 for children and £29.00 for adults.
Rookie Challenges are now available to book, classes are held every Saturday.
- Rookie Bronze – 4.00pm
- Rookie Silver – 4.30pm
- Rookie Gold – 5.00pm
Each Rookie Challenge has its own criteria, please find a snapshot of these below
- Enter shallow water safely and confidently
- Tread water for 1 minute using arms to occasionally signal for help
- Swim continuously in clothing for 50m (long sleeved top, trousers)
- Swim lifesaving backstroke over a distance of 50m
- Scull head and feet first on your back over a distance of 15m
- Swim continuously in clothing for 200m on your front and back (100m front 100m back) in less than 10 minutes
- Demonstrate a reaching rescue to a casualty 2m away instruct them what to do
- Throw a buoyant aid to a casualty 8m away instruct them what to do
- Enter shallow water and wade to a casualty 10m away. Using a throwing aid instruct the casualty what to do
- Enter shallow water and wade to a casualty 10 away. Using a rigid aid (woggle) instruct the casualty what to do
- Coil and throw a rope to a casualty12m away and pull to the side in less than 30 seconds
- Swim 400m continuously in clothing (long sleeved top and trousers) using 3 different strokes. Each stroke must be performed continuously for 100m in less than 15 minutes (front crawl, breaststroke, lifesaving backstroke, sidestroke)
- Tread water for 2 minutes before removing clothing then swim 50m to a point of support deep water. Climb out of deep water unaided
- Demonstrate any two from the following in clear deep water , fall-in, compact jump or shallow dive
- Swim 10m then demonstrate a reverse
For the full criteria of each Rookie Challenge please contact our swimming lesson coordinator Lynsey on 01923 470140
Exercise in the water
- Aqua Aerobics
- Deep Water Aerobics
New Stay and Play
Drop in parent and babe sessions every Wednesday at 11.30 – 12.00.
These accessible swim sessions are for those who may suffer from arthritis or are recovering from injury. See the pool timetables for details.