Centre update – May 2021
With the government announcing their roadmap out of lockdown we are looking forward to a further phased reopening of our centres. New activities and facilities will be available from Monday 17th May.
There are a number of activities that will be available including booking a gym session, fitness class or lane or family swim session.
We are working to the government’s roadmap plans, so dates and activities may change over time.
A selection of our indoor fitness classes will return from Monday 17th May. In addition to the classes at the centre, there will also be a wide range of OnDemand classes via the InspireAll App.
We continue to review the government guidance and will provide further updates as we need to.
Our opening hours are as follows:
Monday – Friday: 6.30am – 10.00pm
Saturday: 7.00am – 7.00pm
Sunday: 8.00am – 8.00pm
Bank Holiday hours: 8.00am – 8.00pm
Please help us keep you and others safe.
As more customers return to the leisure centres we are encouraging people to wear a face covering in communal areas unless they are exempt or under 11 years. In certain parts of the leisure centres face coverings are mandatory by law, such as in our close contact services, like the beauty spa. In other areas we request your cooperation to make others feel safe, but this is not required by law. You do not need to wear a face covering whilst engaging in sport and physical activity. As a facility for the all the community we would like to encourage everyone back into the centre and you can help with this and other measures like social distancing. Please be aware that some people may have exemptions and not to wear a face covering. We will do our best to approach this matter with care and consideration.
Please be aware that you may have to queue outside to enter the centre or your activity and we would ask you to adhere to our one way systems and directional facilities as far as possible. We would ask that if possible you come dressed for your activity and only bring essential items with you.
Please note: There will be limited or no changing areas available so please come ready for your activity and with as few belongings as possible. Please bring your own drink with you.
We have also limited spaces available in activities to ensure we adhere to government guidelines, therefore we would encourage you to book your activity where possible.
Some facilities and activities will be closed or temporarily unavailable now.
If you are feeling at all unwell, or showing any symptoms of Covid-19 please do not come to the centre. Please review our Health Commitment Statement before your first visit.
We have implemented a number of measures to ensure our customers and staff are safe. Throughout your visit please wash your hands frequently to keep us all safe.
Information on centre activities available:
Bookings for the gym and swimming will be available online for members 7 days in advance. Please note that our booking terms and conditions have been updated. Latest information can be found here.
The gym will be open for customers, however, you must book in for a workout. This can be done online (select adult fitness session bookable), via telephone or in-person at reception.
- Gym sessions will be limited to 60-minutes, if booking online please note that you can book in 15 minute intervals, you only need to book ONE session.
- Please come dressed for the gym.
- Only bring essential items with you.
- Please bring your own drink with you.
- The layout of the gym will have changed.
- The layout of the gym will have changed
- Some equipment will have been moved or temporarily unavailable.
- Please make sure you wipe down equipment before and after use
- Be considerate to other gym users.
We will be offering only lane swimming in our pools for public sessions. We would encourage you to try and swim throughout the day to avoid busy times.
- Lane Swim sessions must be pre-booked, online, via telephone or in person.
- Swimming sessions will be limited to 60-minutes. If you are booking online please note that you can select a time in 30 minute intervals, you only need to book ONE session.
- Please arrive at the centre ‘swim ready’ with costume under clothing and pre-showered.
- There will be limited changing room and lockers available.
- Avoid brining large bags & equipment to reduce the use of lockers.
- Follow the one way system to enter and exit the pool.
- Double lanes will be provided, with maximum limit of 10 swimmers per lane.
- Please maintain social distance between yourself and other swimmers in and around the pool.
- Please do not congregate at the end of the pool, if you need a rest period please ensure you are away from other swimmers.
- Respect the lifeguard’s decisions.
- Once you have finished your swim, you can use the changing rooms, but we would ask that you do not delay and leave the centre promptly.
- We have introduced limited showers on poolside in the male and female change. Please only use the showers that are open to allow adequate social distancing to take place.
In the initial weeks of opening we will not be offering the free swimming sessions for over 60s or under 16s. However, lane swimming will be available at the standard pricing, including concession rates. We will continue to review our swimming programme over the coming weeks.
Adult swimming lessons will recommence from Monday 17th May.
Things to remember when attending your lesson
- We would ask that only one parent / carer per child attends with each child.
- Please make sure your child comes dressed ‘swim ready’ for their lesson with their costume under clothing as changing facilities will be limited.
- When you arrive for your lesson, please observe the one way system to the swimming pool.
- There will be a limited spectator area for lessons.
- Teachers will be delivering lessons from poolside and will be adhering to government guidance on social distancing.
- Teachers will not be able to help with hats and googles so please ensure your child has these items on ready to start the lesson.
- Any equipment used in lesson will be sanitised before and after each activity. This will be achieved simply and effectively by rinsing equipment in the pool.
- Changing facilities will be limited so swimmers are encouraged to shower at home prior to and after their lesson to minimise the time spent in the changing rooms.
To enable us to ensure social distancing, please leave the centre as soon as you are able following the end of your lesson.
Our swimming timetable will reflect these changes, please keep checking our online timetable as we may make changes.
You will be able to book a court or pitch for your activity.
Generation Plus Walking football sessions take place Tuesdays 10.30am – 12.30pm
Indoor sports including badminton and table tennis will be available for adults from the same household or support bubble until Monday 17th May when indoor sports can resume for groups of up to 6.
Please be aware that COVID-19 restrictions may apply to your sport. Please follow the current advice from the National Governing Body (NGB) for your sport. NGB guidance is available at:
Generation Plus Pickleball sessions take place Thursdays 1.00pm – 2.00pm
Generation Plus Badminton sessions will take place Mondays 1.30pm – 3.3opm
The spa team are now accepting bookings for a range of spa treatments Monday – Friday 9.00am – 6.00pm
Please make sure you book in advance, no walk-in appointments are currently available. To book your appointment call 01923 470161 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Activities available from Monday 17th May
Indoor Fitness Classes
Indoor fitness class timetable will return from Monday 17th May. Classes can be booked up to 7 days in advance for members.
Classes will be subject to social distancing and will be reviewed on a regular basis. In addition to the indoor classes we will also be offering a range of on demand classes via the InspireAll App. Further information is available here
Please review the class timetable for the latest information.